2011 was an exciting year for us here at Artisan Electric, we closed out the year as our best ever! We had growth nearing 20% for our second year in a row – and have finally slayed many of the demons that came with 2008 / 2009 crash! We meet some very specific goals in 2011, here our a few highlights:
- Implementing a certified recycling plan with Resolve Earth
- Forming a partnership with Buckeye Power Sales to become a Kohler generate dealer / installer
- Forming a partnership with Surge Assure to offer advanced residential and commercial surge protection solutions
- Being award for the second year in a row the Angie’s List Super Service Award for our area
- In depth web and social media development – hitting the 1500 click thru a month mark on our web platform (primary site / blog)
- Attending the X.commerce / Magento web development conference in San Fransisco – this was truly an awakening
- Developing the Monticello Electric brand and companion web site
- Our continued involvement with the RPM Chapter of Business Networking International (now ranked number#1 in the state)
- Working with Food Finders Food Bank and the mobile pantry program to help feed the hungry
- Working with Dave Mason and IS Photographic to sponsor the the ISmotorsports track bike
As you can see – 2011 was a busy year full of changes and forward thinking. We are getting pretty juiced up for where this is leading us in 2012. We have some big changes in store to roll out this year, the most exciting of which will be a full new web site and a companion on line eCommerce store. Our new web store will be offering a large selection of goods and service for sale as “buy now” only products (like battery backup UPS units, multi-outlet plug strips, point of use surge protection, specialty audio and video items, USB outlets, portable generators) as well as package deals on other offerings including installation and service(s).
Additionally we will be rolling out some fun new branding and graphics for the company, based on our very popular “happy outlet” design developed for us by Mineus Print and 838 Sign Co. Here is sneak peak at where that is headed!
In closing I just want to say an honest and sincere thanks to all of the people who have helped us along the way. Our clients and advocates, the designers and web folks that have helped us, our mentors and business community, BNI, all of you! I have long believed that it takes a community to build a business. A few individuals have gone over beyond that I would like to mention by name (you people ROCK!)
My amazing wife Michelle – who never fails to lend an ear and be the best mom ever (and keep me in check). My equally amazing daughter Rosemary, Johnny Klemme (who may be one of the very best people in the world), My right hand guys Dustin Beebout and Aaron Paris – none better in town! My bookkeeper CJ Reynolds, Dr. Di Begley, My accountant Diana Isbell, Chas and Bonnie Dela for being a second family when we had none and our very first clients! Noah Mattern and Maximumedia Design , Bill White, Steve Thalls, Aaron Zernack and Mineus Print, Inked Spot, Instant Copy, Stan Mithoefer (who has been our very best client from day one!), Javin and the Mad Men Creative gang, ALL the members of the RPM Chapter of BNI, Paul Baldwin for being Paul, Chris and Jessica Johnson – People’s Brewing Co, K. Dees Coffee, Dr. Dan and the Miracles Fitness Team, Ron Whitaker, Dave and Tara Mason, Roger and Kristy Miley, Brian Elgin, Brady Lumley, Ron Smith, Joe and Erica Wilson, Rob Handcock and the Beck’s Auto Service Team, Barry Bruce and the Mitchell Agency, Jeff Onken and The State Farm Insurance Team, The Lafayette Brewing Company, Chris and Susan X, Kelly Good, Randy Lynch, Andy and Michelle Schwindler at Outdoor RoomScapes (for being some of the best new folks we meet this year!). I am sure there are many more… sorry if I missed you!
WE ALL COME UP TOGETHER!
- Chris Voglund & the Artisan Electric Team